Companies Currently Hiring
Looking for a job? These firms are currently hiring.
Isothermal Region (Cleveland, McDowell, Polk, and Rutherford Counties)
- Cleveland County Community College (Shelby) – Click here for more info
- Cleveland Yutaka Corporation (Shelby) – Seeking an accountant specialist. Click here to learn more.
- Kitsbow (Old Fort) – Experienced Maker (Sewer), Maker Trainee, Click here to learn more.
- Columbia Forest Products (Old Fort) – Hiring mill production workers
- Manpower/Baxter Healthcare (North Cove) – All entry level positions
- WestRock (Marion) – Seeking packer inspector, cutting assistant, and feeder glue operator trainee for the Marion facility. Click here to learn more.
- ToolCraft (Marion) – Seeking a machine operator. Click here to learn more.
- Uniquetex, LLC (Grover) – Making surgical masks
- CVS – Full-time, part-time, and temporary positions nationwide
- Walgreens – Hiring across the country
- Wal-Mart – Full-time, part-time, and temporary positions nationwide
- Lowe’s – Hiring across the country
- O’Reilly Auto Parts – Full-time and part-time positions
- AutoZone – Full-time and part-time positions
- Advance Auto Parts Inc – Hiring full-time and part-time positions
- ALDI – Hiring in all stores and warehouses
- Lidl – Hiring full-time and part-time
- Food Lion – Hiring full-time and part-time
- Instacart – Full-service shoppers as independent contractors
- Dollar General – Primarily temporary positions
- Family Dollar – Hiring full-time and part-time positions
- Papa John’s – Hiring restaurant team members
- Domino’s – Pizza makers, delivery personnel, and customer service representatives
- Pizza Hut – New drivers can start working in as little as five hours upon hiring
- McDonald’s – Full-time and part-time positions
- Bojangles – Hiring full-time and part-time positions
- Kentucky Fried Chicken – Hiring full-time and part-time positions
- Taco Bell – Hiring full-time and part-time
- Sonic – Full-time and part-time positions
Outside of the Isothermal Region
- PepsiCo – Hiring full-time, front-line employees
- Amazon – Hiring full-time and part-time
- Small Business Administration – Primarily temporary positions with some virtual opportunities.
- Community Care of North Carolina (CCNC) – CCNC is hiring a Statewide Contact Tracing Team to contact North Carolinians who have been exposed to COVID-19, explain how they can keep themselves and others safe, and connect them to necessary healthcare resources.
North Carolina Immediate Employment Opportunities
Click here to be taken to the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina resources for immediate employment around the state.
The three NCWorks Career Center in our region are currently closed to the public in order to protect the health of customers and staff. While not serving customers in-person, they will continue to provide services virtually and by phone. Please contact your closest Center (information below) to receive staff-assisted services, whether you are a jobseeker or an employer. You may also continue to access NCWorks Online at www.ncworks.gov.
Also, remember that NCWorks Career Centers are not actually “unemployment offices,” and we do not process Unemployment Insurance claims. (For information on filing for Unemployment Insurance, click here). We do help unemployed jobseekers to find new jobs. Currently, you do not need to visit NCWorks to file an unemployment insurance claim. To apply for unemployment benefits, visit www.des.nc.gov or call: 888-737-0259.