IPDC is committed to supporting the Isothermal region at all times, including during the COVID-19 pandemic. Below you will find relevant information, resources, and support available to the public and business owners during the outbreak. Please click through the links below to familiarize yourself with the support available during this difficult time. To contact IPDC staff directly for assistance, please click here to be taken to the Staff Directory.
Email email@example.com with any questions and an IPDC staff member will contact you directly.
COVID-19 Confirmed Cases by NC County
Map Credit to NC Department of Health and Human Services
Frequently Asked Questions about North Carolina’s Stay At Home Order
On Friday, March 27, 2020 Governor Roy Cooper signed Executive Order 121, ordering North Carolinians to remain in their homes except for performing essential work and essential activities such as taking care of others, obtaining necessary supplies, and for health and safety purposes.
This Stay at Home Order will help slow the spread of COVID-19 and prevent the medical system from being overwhelmed by keeping individuals from being exposed to the virus and keeping those who have the virus from spreading it to others. Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about the Stay At Home Order
Governor Cooper Signs Executive Order to Prohibit Utility Disconnections in the Wake of COVID-19
Governor Roy Cooper today announced another step to help families by prohibiting utilities from disconnecting people who are unable to pay during this pandemic. Today’s Order applies to electric, gas, water and wastewater services for the next 60 days.
The Order directs utilities to give residential customers at least six months to pay outstanding bills and prohibits them from collecting fees, penalties or interest for late payment.
To learn more, click here to read the Executive Order.
If you are looking to file for Unemployment Insurance due to being let go or having your hours reduced during the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that you file for Unemployment Insurance via phone (888-737-0259), or online.
North Carolina Updates: Please see the NC Dept. of Health and Human Services website
National Updates: Please see the Center for Disease Control website
To receive daily local COVID alerts, please text your zip code to 888777
County-Specific Resource Pages
Each county has specific resources for their citizens.
- Cleveland County Government
- Cleveland County Public Health Department
- Cleveland County Chamber of Commerce
- Cleveland County Economic Development
- Cleveland County Animal Control
- McDowell County Government
- Foothills Health District – McDowell County
- McDowell Chamber of Commerce
- McDowell County Economic Development
- McDowell County Animal Control
- Polk County Government
- Polk County Health Department
- Carolina Foothills Chamber of Commerce
- Polk County Economic Development
- Polk County Animal Control
- Rutherford Help – Rutherford Help is designed to provide Rutherford County, NC citizens access to vital and timely information regarding Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). The page is maintained by the Health Council of Rutherford County and its members.
- Rutherford County Government – Rutherford County and Towns Issue a Stay At Home Order
- Rutherford County Medical Strike Team for COVID-19 Patients
- Foothills Health District – Rutherford County
- Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce
- Rutherford County Economic Development
- Rutherford County Animal Control – COVID-19 Press Release
On the COVID-19 Business Resources page, you can find important information for business owners in the Isothermal region and North Carolina. Information on small business loans from Mountain BizWorks, the North Carolina Rural Center, the Small Business Administration, and more is available on this page.
IPDC has gathered information from reliable sources such as the CDC (Center for Disease Control) and WHO (World Health Organization) to provide resources for individuals in our community who require assistance during the COVID-19 outbreak. Also, you can find information for older adults, unemployment insurance, and more on this page.
Internet connectivity is a growing demand around the Isothermal region as schools have closed and more people find themselves working from home. On the COVID-19 Internet and Mobile Service Offerings page, you can find information on how to obtain services and boost your connectivity.
The COVID-19 crisis has forced many to search for jobs during this uncertain time. On this webpage, you can find links to companies that are currently hiring amidst the pandemic, information how to contact local NCWorks Career Centers to assist with job searches, and more.