Upcoming Board Meetings
Executive Committee – November 14, 2019 at 11:30 p.m. IPDC Rutherfordton Office
Contact us if you need additional information.
Recent Board Meetings
The Proposed FY 19-20 Budget for the Isothermal Regional Commission was presented to the Executive Board of the Commission at the May 16th Executive Committee Meeting. The Budget Message can be found by clicking here. A Public Hearing on the proposed budget will be held at 12 noon on June 4, 2019 at 111 West Court Street, Rutherfordton, NC 28139. A copy of the budget may be viewed at this same location.
Agenda (Click Here) – Full Board Meeting – 3/12/2019 – Agriculture in the Isothermal Region.
Click here to view a recap of the 2/21/2019 meeting of the Executive Committee.
Agenda (Click Here) – Executive Committee Board of Directors – 11/15/18
Memo – Recap from the 11/15/18 Executive Committee Meeting
Board Actions and Background:
- Revisions to the Commission Budget; IPDC Received monies from WIOA to finish work on the advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways Programs
- Approved the Slate of Officers and Executive Committee of IPDC
- Resolution in Support of Cleveland County becoming an ARC County
- Resolution in Support of several legislative actions regarding Technical Assistance Funds for COGS in the areas of Water Resource Planning, Broadband Planning and Housing Authorities.
- Resolution in Support of the preservation of and monies to several Federal Government Programs that assist and have assisted the membership governments of the IPDC in the areas of the Appalachian Regional Commission, Economic Development Administration, WIOA which include monies for dislocated workers and workforce training, the USDA’s Rural Development Division, and Community Development Block Grants which include investments in utilities, housing, downtown redevelopment and industrial development for our membership governments.
2019 Regional Legislative Issues for the Isothermal Region
The Isothermal Regional Commission Board of Directors recently developed a list of 2019 Regional Legislative Issues for the Isothermal Region. The list was presented to members and elected officials at the Second Annual Isothermal Legislative Gathering on January 28th, 2019 at the Tryon International Equestrian Center. Click here to view the 2019 Isothermal Regional Commission Legislative Issues List.
Building Space Needs, Utilization & Space Reuse Study
Throughout the Fall of 2017, IPDC conducted a study of its space needs at its headquarters in Rutherfordton. The results were finalized in December, 2017 and were discussed at the January 9th, 2018 meeting of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will continue the building needs discussion at future meetings. Building Space Needs, Utilization, & Space Reuse Study.