The IPDC Board of Directors recently developed a list of 2018 Regional Legislative Issues for the Isothermal Region. The list was presented to members and elected officials at the Inaugural Isothermal Legislative Gathering on January 22nd at the Tryon International Equestrian Center. Click here to view the list and our message to our State and Federal elected officials.
Building Space Needs, Utilization, & Space Reuse Study. Throughout the Fall of 2017, IPDC conducted a study of its space needs at its headquarters in Rutherfordton. The results were finalized in December, 2017 and were discussed at the January 9th, 2018 meeting of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will continue the building needs discussion at future meetings.
IPDC Board of Directors Information
IPDC Board Actions and Background:
- Revisions to the IPDC Budget; IPDC Received monies from WIOA to finish work on the advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways Programs
- Approved the Slate of Officers and Executive Committee of IPDC
- Resolution in Support of Cleveland County becoming an ARC County
- Resolution in Support of several legislative actions regarding Technical Assistance Funds for COGS in the areas of Water Resource Planning, Broadband Planning and Housing Authorities.
- Resolution in Support of the preservation of and monies to several Federal Government Programs that assist and have assisted the membership governments of the IPDC in the areas of the Appalachian Regional Commission, Economic Development Administration, WIOA which include monies for dislocated workers and workforce training, the USDA’s Rural Development Division, and Community Development Block Grants which include investments in utilities, housing, downtown redevelopment and industrial development for our membership governments.
NADO Legislative Conference 2017
Economic Development Legislation
Aging Issues 2017
Impediments to Fair Housing
Workforce Presentations and Documents June 2017
Letters to US Representatives Regarding CDBG funding