Notice of Proposed Changes to Bylaws
The Isothermal Regional Commission is considering several changes to the By-Laws of the Isothermal Planning and Development Commission (the Isothermal Regional Commission or Commission). Our Current By Laws require that “…these Bylaws may be amended at any special or regular meeting of the Commission, provided that each member has been notified of the proposed amendment prior to the meeting. Amendments shall require a majority vote of all Commission members. Electronic voting by absent members shall be permitted. (Article XIII, AMENDMENTS, Section 1).”
The Board of Directors met in Regular Session on March 13th to consider these changes. The Board tabled any action on these changes in order to give the membership time to fully review the changes and charged staff with putting out these out to in our newsletter, on our web page and other methods so that the membership can properly vete the changes.
The proposed changes can be found in this memo. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to call on Scott Dadson, Executive Director at 828-287-2281 ext. 250 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to submit a comment regarding the proposed changes, please use the fields below:
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
SECTION 8 HOUSING
Section 511 of the Quality Housing and Work Responsibility Act of 1998 requires the Board of Directors of the Isothermal Regional Commission to conduct a public hearing to discuss and invite public comment regarding the 2018 Annual Plan. The hearing is to be conducted at 3:00 P.M. on Friday, April 13, 2018 at the main office of the Isothermal Planning and Development Commission, 111 W Court Street, Rutherfordton, NC.
The proposed Annual Plan (FY beginning 07/01/2018) and information relevant to the public hearing to be conducted is available for inspection by the public here or at IPDC Headquarters, 111 W Court Street, Rutherfordton, NC during normal business hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Questions or comments may be directed to Sonja Bristol, Director of Housing, at (828) 351-2342.
The Isothermal Regional Commission Board of Directors recently developed a list of 2018 Regional Legislative Issues for the Isothermal Region. The list was presented to members and elected officials at the Inaugural Isothermal Legislative Gathering on January 22nd at the Tryon International Equestrian Center. Click here to view the list and our message to our State and Federal elected officials.
Building Space Needs, Utilization, & Space Reuse Study. Throughout the Fall of 2017, IPDC conducted a study of its space needs at its headquarters in Rutherfordton. The results were finalized in December, 2017 and were discussed at the January 9th, 2018 meeting of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will continue the building needs discussion at future meetings.
Board of Directors Information
Board Actions and Background:
- Revisions to the Commission Budget; IPDC Received monies from WIOA to finish work on the advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways Programs
- Approved the Slate of Officers and Executive Committee of IPDC
- Resolution in Support of Cleveland County becoming an ARC County
- Resolution in Support of several legislative actions regarding Technical Assistance Funds for COGS in the areas of Water Resource Planning, Broadband Planning and Housing Authorities.
- Resolution in Support of the preservation of and monies to several Federal Government Programs that assist and have assisted the membership governments of the IPDC in the areas of the Appalachian Regional Commission, Economic Development Administration, WIOA which include monies for dislocated workers and workforce training, the USDA’s Rural Development Division, and Community Development Block Grants which include investments in utilities, housing, downtown redevelopment and industrial development for our membership governments.
NADO Legislative Conference 2017
Economic Development Legislation
Aging Issues 2017
Impediments to Fair Housing
Workforce Presentations and Documents June 2017
Letters to US Representatives Regarding CDBG funding