The Isothermal Planning and Development Commission (Isothermal Regional Commission/The Commission) is the council of governments for the Isothermal Region which includes Cleveland, McDowell, Polk and Rutherford Counties in Western North Carolina. The membership of the Commission consists of the local governments within the Isothermal Region.
The Commission serves its members and their citizens by fostering regional collaboration and providing professional and technical expertise. The Commission houses the region’s Area Agency on Aging, Housing Programs, Rural Planning Organization, Workforce Development Board and provides services through its Economic, Community and Workforce Development programs and Technical Assistance programs. For more information, check out our About page!
Holiday Office Hours Update: The IPDC offices will be closed on Thursday, July 4th and Friday, July 5th.
Press Release: Closing of the Marion Housing Office July 1. CLICK HERE to view.
Upcoming Board Meetings
- Executive Committee – August 15, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. IPDC Rutherfordton Office
- Full Board – September 10, 2019 Economic Development Day (Location and Time TBD)
- Executive Committee – November 14, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. IPDC Rutherfordton Office
Division of Water Infrastructure Announces Fall 2019 Application Training Schedule
The Division of Water Infrastructure in the N.C. Department of Environmental Quality has announced training for the Fall 2019 funding round. Funding offered for the State Revolving Fund and Community Development Block Grant – Infrastructure programs this round will be announced shortly after July 10. Funding for the State Reserve Program will be announced pending approval of the state budget and funding availability. All applications must be received by the Division no later than close of business on Sept. 30, 2019.
Application training for the following funding programs will be offered:
- State Reserve Program
- Project Loans and Grants for Water and Wastewater Infrastructure
- Asset Inventory and Assessment Grants
- Merger/Regionalization Feasibility Grants
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund
- Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
- Community Development Block Grant – Infrastructure
If you are considering applying for funding related to any of the available programs listed above, the Division of Water Infrastructure encourages you to attend a training session. Training sessions will be hosted across the state, including:
- Sylva – July 24, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Southwestern Commission
- Valdese – July 25, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Old Rock School
- Kernersville – July 26, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Piedmont Triad Regional Council of Governments
Keep up with the region:
Stay up to date with the region by subscribing to our Regional Newsletter